Cleveland Civil War Roundtable
Guidelines for Publication in The Charger
The Cleveland Civil War Roundtable has established the following guidelines for articles to be considered for publication in its monthly newsletter, The Charger.
- Any and all topics on the Civil War or Civil War-related articles are welcome (battles, leaders, politics, Reconstruction, etc.)
- All work must be original by the submitting author. Any other authors or works should be cited.
- Articles should be written to be enjoyed by the general audience of Civil War enthusiasts.
- Article submissions should include a brief biographical sketch of the author. A few simple sentences should suffice.
- Previously published work is acceptable so long as the author owns the copyright. Previously published submissions must be identified as such at the time of submission.
- Any photos should be identified and include captions and photo credits.
- Submissions must be professional in nature. No inflammatory, derogatory, or incendiary language will be permitted. Any foul language, unless a direct quote, will be edited out.
- While articles on political topics are encouraged, articles should not promote any particular political viewpoint.
- Submissions or posts are the viewpoint of the author or authors only. They do not reflect the opinion of the Cleveland Civil War Roundtable.
- The Cleveland Civil War Roundtable does not pay for article submissions, nor does it pay when articles are published in The Charger.
- Submissions or posts are subject to modification and editorial board review, with the editors having final approval. The Roundtable reserves the right to make any and all editorial decisions.
Editorial Board Guidelines
Publications and Posts
- Any topics related to the Civil War or Civil War-related articles should be considered — e.g., battles, leaders, politics, Reconstruction, etc.
- All work must be original work of the author. Any other authors or works are to be cited by the author submitting the article, the Facebook or Twitter posts, or posts onto any other platform used by the Cleveland Civil War Roundtable. Should the editorial board learn that a submission or a substantial portion of a submission has been plagiarized, it will not be published or posted.
- Articles or posts should appeal to a broad audience of Civil War enthusiasts. Articles for The Charger should not be of such a narrow scope or subject that they appeal to a small readership of Civil War enthusiasts.
- Submissions or posts must be written in a professional manner. No inflammatory, derogatory, or incendiary language is permitted. Any foul language, unless a direct quote, should be edited out.
- Articles or posts that are written solely to promote a particular political viewpoint or position, or solely to inflame, insult, or incite will not be published.
- Submissions or posts are the opinion of the author or authors only and do not reflect the opinion of the Cleveland Civil War Roundtable.
These publication guidelines were adopted March 24, 2021.